Wednesday 17 March 2010

Boatside Inn, Warden, Hexham, Northumberland, NE46 4SQ. Tel:01434 602233.

LEFT CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE

The Boatside Inn at Warden. What a pleasant pub it is, just beside the bridge crossing the river.
The small bar was busy, as was the restaurant. And I'm not just saying that 'cos I found a quid coin under the table,honest!
With a choice of Hadrian and Borders Secret Kingdom or Allendales Beacon Fire, I went for the Boatside (supposedly specially brewed for them) which didn't taste like a cask ale to me. But you win some, you lose some.
Such was the atmosphere in the place, I could have sat there for some time but, as you know, Cask Task has a busy schedule and must carry on with the hard work on your behalf.
The Boatside is one of the pleasures and I do recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment