Wednesday 7 October 2009

Harbour View. Roker, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear, SR6 ONU.

LEFT CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE

The Harbour View at Roker. After what seemed like an hour of real ale hunting on a rain soaked day, this modern looking pub hove into view. Keen to get out of the rain Cask Task entered. What a pleasant surprise it turned out to be.

A curved fronted bar housed a real ale drinker's delight of 6 pumps, consisting of Timothy Taylors Landlord and Deuchers IPA as regulars and 4 guest ales. I had never come across Clary Brown (not one of my loose women I must point out), so I gave it a try. It was superb. From a local brewery called Bull Lane Brewing Co..

The Harbour View's others were Wold Top Brewery's Wold Gold, Consett Ale Works' Blast, and Endeavour from the Capt. Cook Brewery. All excellent local north east real ales.

The manager was a pleasant chap and the atmosphere warm and friendly. A good place to enjoy good beer. I could have put my feet up and stayed for the rest of the day. But, as you well know by now, I'm a hard worker for the Cask Task cause and had to move on.

A Ist class real ale pub.

If you want food the Benedict Bar upstairs is there to accomodate.

No comments:

Post a Comment