Thursday 1 October 2009

The Golden Lion. Hill Street, Corbridge, NE45 5AA. Tel:01434 632216



LEFT CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE

The Golden Lion came to my attention some 30 or more years ago when the Roundheads and the Cavaliers had a mock battle somewhere near Corbridge. If I remember correctly the battle continued in earnest in the pubs afterwards. I'm pleased to say I wasn't involved as a few pints of blood were spilt.
The famous picturesque town of Corbridge is still as pretty now as it was then and well worth a visit. I've spent many days calling there in recent times although not in the Golden Lion. I was looking forward to renewing my acquaintance with the pub today.
A read of the small piece of history on the sign outside tells you some of the places' background.
The interior is welcoming and comfortable but its token two taps of real ale is just that. A token gesture. My pint of Deuchar's IPA was murky and cloudy.
I left. A disappointed man.

No comments:

Post a Comment