Monday 15 June 2009

The Stables, Beamish Hall Country House Hotel. Beamish, Stanley, DH9 0BY. Tel;01207 233733







I was invited here on a red hot sunny sunday afternoon by my son, his wife and my two grandchildren!
Instead of the Beamish Hall Hotel, a 17th century listed building, it turned out to be The Stables. Don't laugh. The Stables is a huge extension of the hotel itself which, incidentally, is in some 24 acres of parkland.
The Stables houses a restaurant, bar, birds of prey section, adventure playground and, thank heavens, a micro-brewery! The marvelous selection of beers included Bobby Shaftos Silver Buckles India Pale Ale, (pitman's poet Tommy Armstrong's) Old Miner Tommy's Pale Ale, Beamish Hall Best Bitter, Beamish Burn Brown Ale, which I had, and a superb Stout or two, which polished me off .

After a visit to the Clarendon pub in Sunderland I discovered who has the micro brewery here at Beamish Hall. None other than John Taylor and Steve Potts of the Bulls Lane Brewery!

The place is very impressive and superb for a family day out.
Not for yours truly, but a good sunday lunch and a good pint of real ale to boot.
Worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment