Friday 17 April 2009

The Three Horseshoes, Pithouse lane, Leamside, Houghton le Spring, Durham, DH4 6QQ. Tel: 0191 5842394.

LEFT CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE


The Three Horse Shoes pub in Pit House Lane, Leamside is a place that's hard to find but worth seeking I am told...it's in the Good Beer Guide. I've tried several times to find it and will keep on keeping on. Keep toot for a new posting.
UPDATE I've found it.
The Three Horseshoes! How did I come across it?

My pal and I were wandering aimlessly through Chester Le Street looking for the Butchers Arms (an excellent real ale pub - see my listing in Cask Task). We decided to ask for directions.

A young gentleman very kindly pointed out the Butchers Arms and also mentioned two or three other good pubs in the area (one of which was the Three Horseshoes) for future visits.
That future visit day arrived on at least two occasions but The Three Horseshoes refused to be found. Until today! And believe you me (that always looks peculiar to me when written down!) it was worth it. Here's me striding purposefully towards the door, a door I have been looking for, for four months... for for goodness sake, I'm f f f stuttering now!

Nine real ales to choose from in a welcoming bar with the restaurant at the back. Sure enough, there was our helpful young friend from Chester Le Street, John he's called, to pull the Durham Brewery's Durham County beer for us. Just the job!

Must call again.

This terrible Cask Task, what a chore?? it can be, unfortunately, meant further pubs to visit with more real ales to sample.

See you.

A good real ale pub to visit though.
Had another look in a few months later, when I got a lift, and had a couple of pints and a very nice meal in the restaurant at the rear. What a good pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment