Monday 26 January 2009

The Green. White Mare Pool


Originally, an old pub called The White Mare Pool, which was taken over by The Dixielanders, an extremely popular local singing /comedy ensemble(mainly Billy Martin and Bobby Hooper) who entertained me brilliantly on many an hilarious evening. Feeding the audience on........Drinks were supplied in large stone jugs, if prefered,to save you having to go to the bar too often.

What fabulous nights. Ah, happy days.
The old place was bought and completely demolished by the Fitzgerald group who then built a new place on the same site.

The Green as we know it today became my local until 1996, when I moved away. I still visit it today to enjoy one of its many real and guest ales.
I also still find it a most comfortable and attractive pub/restaurant and highly recommend it.

By the way there's a large, south facing,outside area for summer supping and an enormous car park.

No comments:

Post a Comment